New Fluke 2AC VoltAlert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Security101

Tried to find more info on this one here, but cant search 3 letter words (2AC) and when adding "Fluke" too much comes up. Is it that new?

Anybody use or have this yet?

voltalart_2ac_01_328px_x_220px.jpg

The always on thing may be good, it looks like there's no audible beep though - hmmmm....

http://www.fluke.com/Fluke/ieen/Electrical-Test-Tools/Electrical-Testers/2AC.htm?PID=70668

Jim

Last edited:

izak

the precursor to that one had audible beep. it beeps every so often to let you know its on. Its been my favorite of any ticker ive ever had/seen/used.

although my most recent job fairly broke me of even using one, I carry my fluke 336 or 1587 to 'see if there's power'

My boss is really old school, very particular and nearly always correct, and he prefers for them not to be used.

PetrosA

I'm not interested if there's no audible signal. I have two 1ACs that I use for early warning or identifying circuits. I don't depend on them for verifying voltage though. They're too sensitive to induced voltages for that.

Security101

I'm not interested if there's no audible signal. I have two 1ACs that I use for early warning or identifying circuits. I don't depend on them for verifying voltage though. They're too sensitive to induced voltages for that.

Yea, I hear ya! I don't like the quiet part either.

Don't you wish someone would make one that was able to be used as an absolute tester. It would be great if the technology were better or some other type so we could depend on it's simplistic style of detection...

Jim

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Jim, first of all its always nice to see you stop by here. I have tried all the non-contact voltage testers out there and am still partial to the Hioki 3481-22. Best bang for the buck, very good at eliminating induced voltage.

Security101

Thanks for the welcome Chris! I'm always lurkin, just been really busy lately, and haven't had the op to chime in :)

I guess I hadn't seen that one before - I have a handful as well - don't recall the Hioki but will give it a look for sure!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.