Receptacle placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I had the inspector back for a different reason. Before I could ask him about it, he told me it was his error. He apolgized repeatedly to me. I'm ok with it now. Everybody makes mistakes and has a bad day here and there. It did bring up some good discussion about receptacle placement though. You win some and loose some.

cripple

The inspector referred me to 210.52 (H). He stated the intent of this section was to reduce or eliminate the wear and stress on a cord.
I think he was referring to the commentary in the Handbook:
"Section 210.52(H) is intended to minimize strain or damage to cords and receptacles for dwelling unit receptacles. The requirement does not apply to common hallways of hotels, motels, apartment buildings, condominiums, and similar occupancies."
We know that the commentary is just at comment and are not interpretations of the rule which maybe you need to point out to him.

Jim W in Tampa

Glad it had a happy ending.Could have turned messy had you added the receptacles and then tried to get paid for what he demanded. Always wise to take a picture of the tag for future proof . In this day and age with lawsuits you need to cover yourself.

G0049

Actually, ...he told me it was his error. He apolgized...

After all the advice to call his boss and complain that his inspector was wrong, you might consider calling his boss to tell him that his inspector, when questioned, was willing to check and learn something. And appologize to boot. The world needs more inspectors like that.

Steviechia2

And appologize to boot. The world needs more inspectors like that.

This happened to me several years ago. I had argued with an inspector and told him he was wrong. He was very upset, but he looked it up and actually called me to tell me he was wrong. I thanked him for the call and told him it takes a great man to swallow his pride to admit when he is wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.