LB fill calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
It appears that the only governing Article for such a situation is 314.28(A)(3) which only allows for conduit bodies with the 6X dimension OR ones compliant with both the listing and marking for maximum conductors.
I have yet to find any manufacturer documentation that takes into account the use of conductors of unlike sizes much less any marking that does so.
It would seem there would be, but it appears in your situation it will be an conduit body that complies with the 6X dimension, is marked for FIVE 3/0s, or one of the "NEC" type conduit bodies where the "cover" is designed so there is no opposing wall.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Call the manufacturer. Short of that the six - on - the- mix, (314.28) and eight - on - the- straight rules for #4 and larger.See 314.16(C) for #6 and smaller.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
It would seem there would be, but it appears in your situation it will be an conduit body that complies with the 6X dimension, is marked for FIVE 3/0s, or one of the "NEC" type conduit bodies where the "cover" is designed so there is no opposing wall.

They do make Mogul covers for large commercial and industrial. Thinking Crouse-Hinds or Appleton.

Volta

Never found a good one. I hope someone does.
Here is what I've put together in those sizes, pvc only, sorry.

SIZE__CU IN__BRAND__MODEL___STAMPED____ROUGH EQUIVELANTS
2"____63.5__CANTEX__5133668__3@XHHW4/0
2-1/2_______CARLON__E986K___3@XHHW300__4@XHHW4/0__5@XHHW3/0
3"__________CARLON__E986L___3@XHHW400__4@XHHW250__5@XHHW4/0

Status
Not open for further replies.