Coordination Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I was reading through a rider and they asked for the contractor to include all costs associate with the (2) coordination teams for the MEPFP(mech, elec, plub,fire prot) system on certain floors. What does this entail exactly. Is this field guys doding the coordination. I know what they mean by coordinating the work but not to sure about the manpower involved, is it the field guys, formen, PM etc. While this is happening will these guys not be doing actual installtion? Is it non productive labor etc? THanks

rodneee

i am not sure i am reading your post correctly...but it sounds like they want to make sure you have included anticipated down time in your quote...they probably want to make sure you will not be sending additional labor bills due to work stoppages for your men that are beyond your control (due to the other trades acting within THEIR normal scope of work)...who can say how much time you could lose if you are waiting on another sub to do his thing...

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
i am not sure i am reading your post correctly...but it sounds like they want to make sure you have included anticipated down time in your quote...they probably want to make sure you will not be sending additional labor bills due to work stoppages for your men that are beyond your control (due to the other trades acting within THEIR normal scope of work)...who can say how much time you could lose if you are waiting on another sub to do his thing...

They are asking for (2) coordinstions teams to coordinate work between us(electrical) and other trades. I have never seen this asked for this specifically. To me there will be a lot of NPL(non productive labor) involved in this task.

iwire

Staff member
They are asking for (2) coordinstions teams to coordinate work between us(electrical) and other trades. I have never seen this asked for this specifically. To me there will be a lot of NPL(non productive labor) involved in this task.

This is vague and could range from few hours to hundreds.

It sounds like mechanical system coordination meetings ........ preplaning so your run of six 4" feeders does not end up right where the HVAC guy needs to run a large duct.

Did you see BIM or Building Information Modeling in any of the documents?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_Information_Modeling

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
This is vague and could range from few hours to hundreds.

It sounds like mechanical system coordination meetings ........ preplaning so your run of six 4" feeders does not end up right where the HVAC guy needs to run a large duct.

Did you see BIM or Building Information Modeling in any of the documents?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_Information_Modeling

No BIM asked for although we are using it on a lot of projects more and more. Engineers say it is very useful and so do the the GC's. Saves coordination problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.