Quick Disconnect Dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
I have a customer that has a tank heater which threads onto a flange at the bottom of a solvent tank. The heater is connected to its power source via 6 conductors in LFMC. When the tank is cleaned, the heater must be removed so the wires and LFMC must be disconnected so the heater will spin out of the flange. The customer wants me to figure out a way to quickly disconnect the assembly eliminating the need to unsplice the wires each time the tank is cleaned. My first thought was to take a piece of hard usage cord and a cord cap that would plug into a receptacle but I cant find a six wire configuration. Any ideas?????

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
I like the suggestion but I'm looking at a load of 20A and the # 16 STOOW won't handle it. Perhaps they make a larger AWG version?

kwired

Electron manager
Possibly 2 - 3 wire plugs and two cords? Is it two 3 wire circuits? Washdown or dirty environment may eliminate some possiblities.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Possibly 2 - 3 wire plugs and two cords? Is it two 3 wire circuits? Washdown or dirty environment may eliminate some possiblities.

Unfotrtunately only one 1/2" hub on the heater so multiple cords are not an option. The heater is 3 phase with a EGC and two thermostat wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.