riser diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

obm2010

hi to all concerns,
i am electrical engineer and employed as newly power engr in a telecom, its different from my field of work from my past. i need your help anyway about the riser diagram from service drop up to the equipment power connections. thanks, and god bless to all.

http://www.electrical-design-tutor.com/risers1.html

some riser diagrams, not sure what you want

The links first sentence: "An electrical riser diagram (also known as a "one-line" diagram)...". Oh, really.......

Riser diagrams or block diagrams show the connections between all components of the electrical distribution system. It is not intended to show all connected loads, nor is it to show any components, such as fuses. It supposed to show the panels or other distribution centers designation, size and rating and maybe the size of the interconnecting feeders. It's main benefit to be able to show the interrelationship of widespread distribution systems and to be able to quickly identify all the upstream of a failure. It is especially useful in high-rise building distribution and to the best of my knowledge its name derived from it. (Multi-level, multi-tenant occupancy.)

obm2010

riser diagram

I need your help, about the riser diagram in a telecom. from the commercial power (transformer in bank), back up genset, rectifier and so on. I am newly employed as a power engr in a telecom company and still exploring more on my job. what is the most danger effect of electrocution, AC or DC? thanks for all your time regarding my hesitation of my idea.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
what is the most danger effect of electrocution, AC or DC?
Simply, and with all other things being equal, DC of a given voltage level is considered to be more dangerous, because AC voltage passes through zero twice per cycle and possibly allows release of the grasp on a conductor.

iwire

Staff member
Simply, and with all other things being equal, DC of a given voltage level is considered to be more dangerous, because AC voltage passes through zero twice per cycle and possibly allows release of the grasp on a conductor.

Isn't what we call '120 volts' AC the power equivalent of 120 VDC?

obm2010

sir., can i have some more explanation for this matter. thanks and god bless.

obm2010

The links first sentence: "An electrical riser diagram (also known as a "one-line" diagram)...". Oh, really.......

Riser diagrams or block diagrams show the connections between all components of the electrical distribution system. It is not intended to show all connected loads, nor is it to show any components, such as fuses. It supposed to show the panels or other distribution centers designation, size and rating and maybe the size of the interconnecting feeders. It's main benefit to be able to show the interrelationship of widespread distribution systems and to be able to quickly identify all the upstream of a failure. It is especially useful in high-rise building distribution and to the best of my knowledge its name derived from it. (Multi-level, multi-tenant occupancy.)

sir., about power riser in telecom from commercial power up to the rectifier and telecom equipment.

SG-1

Isn't what we call '120 volts' AC the power equivalent of 120 VDC?

Not to switches or breakers, the DC is much harder to interrupt. You know that.

It has been a very... long... time, but I still remember the DC bites harder. It is a different sensation than AC. With AC you can feel the cycles, so there are moments of heightened pain. With DC it all at that heightened level.

Now a days bare knuckle testing is forbidden !

obm2010

good day to all, thanks for all your answer to my post. now I have an additional conclusion in dealing with ac and most specially to DC which is connected with my current job.

Status
Not open for further replies.