250.32(B) exc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

If I'm reading this correctly, an existing sub feed to a remote building does not require an EGC as long as there is no metallic path between the two structures. I've got a 3 wire 120/240V U.G. feed that I would like to reconnect at the house, that is feeding a pole barn. I've completely rewired the dwelling after it was damaged by fire, and am being told by the AHJ that it has to be a 4 wire to the barn. Not an easy task since it's concrete the entire 125' distance. Do I have a legitimate gripe or am I misinterpreting it. Thanks.

nizak

AHJ was by no means "nasty" about it, he just said that sub feeds to outbuildings had to be 4 wire. He was aware that it's existing I will runthis by him and see where we go from there.

nizak

I'm sure if unsafe conditions were present with the electrical in the outbuilding(once the AHJ saw what was there) he would have the authority to red tag it at that point. Then it would become a pizzin match between the homeowner and their insurance Co. as to who would pay for the repairs since it would not have been an issue until the fire to the dwelling opened the can of worms. Thanks for everyones input.

Status
Not open for further replies.