Passed Maryland Master Electrical Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisb84

I took it in Baltimore through PSI. I was not sure of all the references that I was going to be aloud to use. So I took everything. I was aloud to use NEC (of course), Ugly's Electrical References, and Mike Holt Basic Electrical Theory. I may have only opened up Ugly's and Bacic Theory once.

I would with out a doubt recommend Mike Holt's Master/Contractor Comprehensive Library.

Congratulations! In preparing for my WA state exam I visited this site a lot and practiced the examples here in the forum. Without Mike Holt and all these knowledged individuals I couldn't have done it. When mike had his holiday sale I purchased one of his libraries and am so glad I did. Great job!

Finite10

Out of curiosity, what calculations did they give you?

This is NOT exact, but similar questions as a basis for study:

Duplex, optional, 1200w dw, 600w disp, 10,000w heat, , three AC 120v 17a. One 120/240 feed service.

Duplex, standard ?w/ 9,000w range ? similar loads

Church 10,000 sq ft. how many 20a lighting ckts (per NEC gen lighting table 220.12)?

Mult. Motors, 460v 3ph; one 75hp 15 min. intermit. duty, three 15hp, two 10hp. On Inverse time brkr. What size protection for feeder?

15 unit multi -standard method, 1900 sq ft each, 9000kw range, 1200w DW, 600w disp, 4.5kw WH, 10kw heat, three AC units 240V 21A. No house loads or laundry to be included.

Monster commercial; One bldg. w/ 2 seperate tenant spaces; 60 welders one side, many motors various, kitchen equip, heat and AC, show windows, know qty of recepts., 2 signs, etc?

40 unit multi optional ? similar equip. No laundry or house load.

*No dryer on equip. list
*No neutral loads asked for
*for duplex ?calc as 3 units FTW
*skipped the huge commercial, just guessed and rechecked 3 of the 9 that I did calculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.