foot candles/commercial space

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Does 55F/C sound like a reasonable amount of light for a commercial application involving pet grooming? Not sure if this is too much, too little, or the norm. Thanks.

skeshesh

Does 55F/C sound like a reasonable amount of light for a commercial application involving pet grooming? Not sure if this is too much, too little, or the norm. Thanks.

Funny you brought this up as I'm helping a friend with a design for a pet groomming business they're starting in the family. I've yet to completely decide on my recommendation to him but I'm working on it.
Anyway, I would say 50-60 is plenty of light for this application. IESNA handbook calls for a category E for horizontal illuminance for barber shops/salons which is 50fc. Now I'm not sure if I'd apply the same requirement to a pet grooming business so I wouldn't mind going lower. I have not find any other category that comes closer, other than maybe "light commercial work" or something like that, but you're fine at 55fc. Let us know what you end up doing if you don't mind as I'd appreciate the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.