Just passed my master electrician exam!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

Just passed my master electrician exam in massachusetts!!!! the test was 2 parts. first part was NEC and mass codes. the second part was business management,project management and business law. the whole test taken about 4 hours to pass. it was easier than i thought. thank you Mike Holt!!!! i used his 2008 NEC exam prep book:)

stevebea

Just passed my master electrician exam in massachusetts!!!! the test was 2 parts. first part was NEC and mass codes. the second part was business management,project management and business law. the whole test taken about 4 hours to pass. it was easier than i thought. thank you Mike Holt!!!! i used his 2008 NEC exam prep book:)

Congratulations!

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

Congratulations "Master Electrician"....:grin::grin::grin:

Pat_Rawlings

I AM going to be taking my master electrican licence in ca.i have mike holts 2008nec exam prep book but there is not any law or buisiness in that book so is the test diferent in mass. also can you remember any calculation questions on the exam i have taking alot mikes exams on line that is why i am confussed about the part 2 of the exam so thats why i am asking if its different in mass. thankyou

Nium

Atta Boy!
t2027.gif

knoppdude

I AM going to be taking my master electrican licence in ca.i have mike holts 2008nec exam prep book but there is not any law or buisiness in that book so is the test diferent in mass. also can you remember any calculation questions on the exam i have taking alot mikes exams on line that is why i am confussed about the part 2 of the exam so thats why i am asking if its different in mass. thankyou

Hi Pat,
California doesn't have a formal Master Electrician classification, so you are going for your C-10 Electrical Contractors License. Mikes book will be good for the electrical portion, but you will have to contact the Contractors State License Board about the law and business portion. Also, contact some of the contractors test companies about weekend crash courses. I did this for the law and business portion. You will do just fine on the test.

electricalperson

on my test it was mainly general code questions. calculating breaker sizes for transformers too. only real load calculation was just figuring out total general lighting loads for offices. the test was really easier than i thought i figured they would of put more service calculations

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Hi Pat,
California doesn't have a formal Master Electrician classification, so you are going for your C-10 Electrical Contractors License. Mikes book will be good for the electrical portion, but you will have to contact the Contractors State License Board about the law and business portion. Also, contact some of the contractors test companies about weekend crash courses. I did this for the law and business portion. You will do just fine on the test.

I always thought that the california C-10 was the same as the master Electrician??

renosteinke

Good for you!

Now you can look forward to a lifetime of having to prove, all over again, that you are somehow better qualified than the $12/hr. handy helper. You get to enjoy being snubbed by everyone with a BA is Social Studies because you're just a manual laborer, without even a college degree.

Best yet, if you so much as move across the street in the next five years (or so), you get to spend months persuading a whole new set of paper-shufflers that the other jurisdiction's opinion of you is worth anything.

You get to entertain all manner of folks who try to do your thinking for you.
The first one I love are the employers who will not hire you, for fear that you'll either make trouble, or try to steal their customers.
The other are the folks who want you to just pull permits for them.

iwire

Staff member
Are you planning on starting your own business with more than one apprentice?

If not do you mind if I ask why you went for the MA Master license?

The only reason to hold a masters in MA is to run a contracting business. You still have to maintain your J-man license to work with the tools.

electricalperson

i got my master license because i wanted it since i was a little kid. i know its only good for contracting. i do plan on starting a business someday though. i got the license and all the testing and stressing about it is behind me

Status
Not open for further replies.