energy saving device can really lower down the cost of electricity bill??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
You have the EE; we need to know what the item is, however I would say no. Only if it is some kind of power load shedding computer control power relay device. That in a home could be done cheaper with a home net work or x10 or walk over and turn off stuff.

gar

Occupation
EE
110325-0934 EDT

What is the theory of this device? Where is there information on it?

Who or what is "Intelligence Controller"?

In what country are you located?

BJ Conner

They work very well.

They work very well.

These devices work exactly as designed. They are not designed to save energy however. The primary purpose is to seperate the gulliable from their money. :roll:

Barnum said "There's sucker born every minute" Now it's as least 5.

greendriv

That depends. It is not always so. In fact even energy saving device will comsume energy.

For example, you apply a VFD to save energy on AC motors. But if AC motors are fully loaded all the time, VFD won't save energy, just consumes energy. Here energy saving device, such as VFD, won't lower down the cost of electricity bill.

But if the load is not always fully loaded, energy saving device, such as VFD, will function to save your money.

realolman

That depends. It is not always so. In fact even energy saving device will comsume energy.

For example, you apply a VFD to save energy on AC motors. But if AC motors are fully loaded all the time, VFD won't save energy, just consumes energy. Here energy saving device, such as VFD, won't lower down the cost of electricity bill.

But if the load is not always fully loaded, energy saving device, such as VFD, will function to save your money.

I never considered a VFD to be an energy saving device.

I never considered a VFD to be an energy saving device.

Energy saving is the vast majority of the justification for ASD(Adjustable Speed Drive - according to IEEE definition.) retrofit installations. I have accumulated several millions of $'s in savings since first started applying them in retrofit installations or where I proposed those to be used in lieu of other technology solutions such as control valves or dampers. The oppurtunities remain endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.