Greenhouse wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerplay

I have been asked to wire 6 "Cold storage" Greenhouses. A very simple setup, the metal framed Greenhouses are covered in Poly sheets that can roll up for air circulation and only require 2 circulating fans at 3.9 amps each suspended in the center of an 100 foot Greenhouse 20 feet wide facing opposite directions, as well as an outlet for irrigation control computers. The frames are 3 feet apart, and 5 feet across from another frame/Greenhouse. He has requested an panel be mounted inside the first Greenhouse with an wooden enclosure for a panel, then I was wondering if a simple outdoor pull out switch for an Air Conditioner would be adequate inside the remaining Greehouses as a means to isolate and shut off in emergency? I'm wondering if the Greenhouse frames need to be bonded with something more than the bond wire in the cable. Any feedback would be appreciated! I know i have some reading to do as i have not done an Greenhouse yet, but thought I'd post this and check later for comments! Thanks again!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The panel is likely to need a GEC system, and the frame should be bonded there.

The pull-out is crude-ish, but I used one as a genny disconnect once.

Elsewhere, the EGC of the equipment likely to energize the frame is adequate.

I've wired greenhouses with PVC and non-metallic flex and THHN/THWN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.