in-door fan coil units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking302

If a fancoil is 208 1ph with a little DC motor at 1.3FLA and the max fusible for the unit is 15amps. Can I use a 2p toggle switch with lockable means by itself if its feed from a HACR breaker or would I still need a in-line fuse to the switch. Instead of a bulky 30amp disc. with 15amp fuses. I have 20+ units.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
If a fancoil is 208 1ph with a little DC motor at 1.3FLA and the max fusible for the unit is 15amps. Can I use a 2p toggle switch with lockable means by itself if its feed from a HACR breaker or would I still need a in-line fuse to the switch. Instead of a bulky 30amp disc. with 15amp fuses. I have 20+ units.

I always just mount 1900 box, switch with industrial cover right on the unit, no means to LO. Did you see these units yet? I just did FCU's that had built-in disco's.

dkidd

Occupation
PE
If the nameplate or the manufacturer's instructions state "fuse" and don't state that a breaker is acceptable, then you must use fuses.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
If the nameplate or the manufacturer's instructions state "fuse" and don't state that a breaker is acceptable, then you must use fuses.

Your showing your age, when was the last time you saw that on HVAC equipment?:cool:

I should add to my first post I assumed a 15A HACR is the branch circuit protection.

dkidd

Occupation
PE
Your showing your age, when was the last time you saw that on HVAC equipment?:cool:

I don't have a photo here, but current Nailor fan powered boxes have that on the nameplate. I have seen it on other recent equipment as well. I'll post a photo when I get back to the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.