Need some opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maloo

We are cleaning up after an unlicesened electrician and we have a small corn dryer that is feed from a ground mount isolation point. The dryer has a Square D JDL26000 switch in it with a door mount disconect but has no overcurrent protection.
Would it be acceptable to mount fuse holders after the switch in order to provide overcurent protection? The inspector said to make sure the disconect switch is service rated. It has a 25k AIC rating just no overcurrent protection.
Thanks for the input.

maloo

I have posted a picture of what I call a site isolation point. The far right one this the closest example. It has an ON/OFF but not overcurrent protection but the grounded buss is bonded there. By code I guess it is a distribution point. The REC around here have been installing them for years and I am aware that by no means does it meet the requirments of the electric code.

So I guess if we install fuses after the disconect switch in the dryer control box does it make it right or is there something I'm missing.

Switch%20Group%20Photo.jpg

hurk27

Ok I'm really cornfused, the photo is of manual generator transfer switches that have meters ahead of them, how is this possable if the NEC doesnt allow a transfer switch to be fed directly off a utility meter?

heres the link to them:
http://www.durhamcompany.com/_/rsrc/1256242282257/products/generator-transfer-switch/

I remember seeing them along time ago, but to see them still offered for sale:confused:

There is no way to put a fused disconnect ahead of this transfer switch as I can see it, which is what the code requires?

Status
Not open for further replies.