What is CL fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
No, they don't cause any change in the short circuit rating of any component. Rather, they allow you to use a component for which the short circuit rating is too low for the conditions present at its location, by providing a separate method of limiting the short circuit current to a value that is below its rating.

LMAO

No, they don't cause any change in the short circuit rating of any component. Rather, they allow you to use a component for which the short circuit rating is too low for the conditions present at its location, by providing a separate method of limiting the short circuit current to a value that is below its rating.

that was what I meant, maybe I didn't say it clearly.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
You have to be very careful tying to use current limiting fuses for that purpose. If the device you are trying to protect has an OCPD, then the only way to use the CL fuse is if they are a part of a listed series rated system.
I think you can use them to limit the current to equipment that does not have OCPDs but not even sure you can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.