ite panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I think it would be awfully silly for a manufacturer to go through the trouble of designing and making a removable bar where it would not be ok to remove it.

Maybe it is easier and/or cost less than a one piece assembly. There may be nothing wrong with removing the bar but it may not have been tested and listed that way.

Square D panels (both QO and Homeline have a bar between both sides that is removeable also but not nearly as easily as ITE or GE and a few others. That is just how they are designed but does not necessarily mean they intend to remove them for separate use of each side.

btharmy

Yes, removing the "tie bar" is allowed. It must be replaced with a plastic bar according to Siemens. It is not expensive. My local rep told me it is required to maintain ul listing of the equipment. It is much easier to just buy a couple of ground bars to attatch to the panel tub. Then there is no grey area for anyone (inspectors) to try to "ding" you on.

elohr46

I think it would be awfully silly for a manufacturer to go through the trouble of designing and making a removable bar where it would not be ok to remove it.
Yes, I agree. Manufacturer's are fully aware that panels can be used two ways, making one panel that works for both situations makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.