Plenum Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfixit

There is an area where it goes through mutiple block and steel plate reinforced walls. I just want to prevent damage from pulling it through. I was told by a master electrician that the conduit would make it decay. However, he has led me wrong several times before.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I see no reason why it would decay in the conduit. We always pull plenum rated wire in hung ceilings with J hooks and then down through an EMT sleeve/stub up in the wall to the outlet device. This has been SOP for decades. Ask him where he's getting his information.

Mrfixit

I have used the same method for years too. He is very intemidated by me and is always trying to catch me on anything he can. He has hung several hundred feet of SJ cord through a plenum rated hung ceiling and I know that doesn't meet code but you can't tell him that.

Hendrix

I have used the same method for years too. He is very intemidated by me and is always trying to catch me on anything he can. He has hung several hundred feet of SJ cord through a plenum rated hung ceiling and I know that doesn't meet code but you can't tell him that.
I hope it was a residential app..
Never mind I didn't see plenum rated.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
He is very intimidated by me and is always trying to catch me on anything he can.

It's hard to catch someone when the other guy is wrong. I deal with people like this on occasion who say you cannot do it like that because of some fictitious reason. I simply ask them to look at the NEC and say show me where it says that. If they persist I invite them to come to the forum and argue their point.

Last edited:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
It's hard to catch someone when the other guy is wrong. I deal with people like this on occasion who say you cannot do it like that because of some fictitious reason. I simply ask them to look at the NEC and say show me where it says that. If they persist I invite them to come to the forum and argue their point.

That's funny, me too.;)

I agree with Robs first post also, I've never seen a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.