plugmold, the multi plug strips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone wants me to mount them under their kitchen cabinets instead of having back splash plugs. They don't want mc cable running through (inside of) cabinets. Anyone have some good pictures on that? I haven't installed the stuff before. It doesn't look difficult, except that I will need to cut the sections down to fit under the shorter cabinets. Any tips or pictures would be appreciated. thanks

plug mold TR

plug mold TR

thanks for the reminder. I normally buy the TR plugs, but wasn't thinking about it with the strips. I bought one of the home depot versions, but it only comes with two end pieces. I guess if you use 12" of the 50" piece, you have the throw the rest away, or can you get more ends? It doesn't seem like a UL rated thing to start hacking on a plug mold, but I guess that is how its done.

Hendrix

thanks for the reminder. I normally buy the TR plugs, but wasn't thinking about it with the strips. I bought one of the home depot versions, but it only comes with two end pieces. I guess if you use 12" of the 50" piece, you have the throw the rest away, or can you get more ends? It doesn't seem like a UL rated thing to start hacking on a plug mold, but I guess that is how its done.
If they don't sell seperate end pieces, go to a supply house and get better plug mold.

John120/240

Plugmold can be a quality install if planned in advance. Locate your GFCI in the

pantry or some other out of the way location. Or use GFCI breakers. Run one

12-2 to each stub out. Enter the end feed of the plugmold from the back.

Remember to cap off any loose tails of wire. Always used a portable band saw to

cut plug mold. That angled stuff might be easier, looks like more room.

Status
Not open for further replies.