Energy saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar

Occupation
EE
110618-1935 EDT

powerplay:

Its fraud relative to making any change in a residential electric bill. The few parts I read indicate the writers are ignorant of how to do a proper engineering analysis.

Any time a product makes a big issue of testimonials that is the first red flag. Second using semi-correct engineering discussions that are poorly written and do not address the use of the product in the manner being advertized is also a major red flag.

If you do some logical analysis of the presentation of the advertizing material you can usually spot this kind of fraud even if you do not fully understand the technical details.

Learn how to spot fraudlent advertizing.

Electric-Light

No, but there are effective energy savers. They work by cutting back the usage of the biggest power hogs.

HVAC and water heating.

Open windows and use window fans when its chill outside. This will improve IAQ in many cases as well since "indoor air" is often more polluted than outdoor air.

If your utility have off peak program and you don't need to run A/C much during the day, sign up. Install a programmable timer on lower element to only come on during off-peak. Dry clothes at night.

Besoeker

110618-1935 EDT

Its fraud relative to making any change in a residential electric bill. The few parts I read indicate the writers are ignorant of how to do a proper engineering analysis.
Describing the writers of this sort of stuff as ignorant is excusing their downright lies.
The systems also automatically remove carbon from the circuit which also encourages a smoother electrical flow.

It isn't an article. It is blatant advertising.

stevebea

I was asked about "Energy Saver" and given this lead. http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Power-Savers-Work---Basic-Buying-Tips&id=229576

Any thoughts/suggestions about how effective or practical this product is?

Thanks again!

If you read the article it states that it is a device that plugs into a receptcale but if you follow the link it takes you to the "zap box" which is meant to be mounted at the panel. All for the low, low price of $150. ;) The good book says " a fool and his money are easily parted ". :lol:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
The systems also automatically remove carbon from the circuit which also encourages a smoother electrical flow.

I remove the carbon from my circuit once a month when I change my AC filters and test my smokes.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.