Commercial pricing for recess lights and 2x4 Flur lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I'm bidding on a commercial job. It's a wide open clean space. About 115' x 120'
The drop ceiling will be 12' high. I will use 12/2 MC also.

Can someone offer what the going rate is for installing and wiring 6" recess lights in a 2x2 drop ceiling tile. I have to cut the tile and will use a hole saw.

Also what is the price for a 2x2 lay in light, a 2x4 lay in light and emergency/exit signs.

Any assistance so I can see where I am on this is helpful.\

Thank you in.
Staticcontrol

by the way...quantity of lights

by the way...quantity of lights

Hi Everyone,

I'm bidding on a commercial job. It's a wide open clean space. About 115' x 120'
The drop ceiling will be 12' high. I will use 12/2 MC also.

Can someone offer what the going rate is for installing and wiring 6" recess lights in a 2x2 drop ceiling tile. I have to cut the tile and will use a hole saw.

Also what is the price for a 2x2 lay in light, a 2x4 lay in light and emergency/exit signs.

Any assistance so I can see where I am on this is helpful.\

Thank you in.
Staticcontrol

It's about 100 recess lights....20 2x2 lights and 12 2x4 lights. many exit signs

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
If your supplying the fixtures we need to know manufacture and model numbers. Unless you already have a number for the fixture package and are asking about labor and misc material only.

Last edited:

tkb

Just the price of the fixtures could range from $50 to $500 each.
You need a spec on the fixtures and get a quote.

Customer supplied....

Customer supplied....

Just the price of the fixtures could range from $50 to $500 each.
You need a spec on the fixtures and get a quote.

Hi.
They are the run if the mill new work 6" recess lights, IC rated that will lay across the T-grid through cut drop ceiling tile. Also, basic lay in fixtures. I'm simply providing the labor. Is there a standard rate for these lights for labor.

Please anyone....

tkb

I don't understand how someone could ask an internet forum how to price a job the no one has seen or how qualified their labor is.

If you have to ask what to charge, you stand no chance of making any money with a GC on a commercial job and have a high risk of being taken advantage of.

jmsbrush

To the op. Are you going to trust what someone tells you on the net about pricing?
If other people start chiming here on price like it used to be. You would get prices all over the place. But which ones would be right?

How long does it take to install the can? How long does it take to run the branch circuit to the can? How long does it take to make the can up and trim it out?
The same goes with the other fixtures.
Take the labor unit and multiply that by your labor rate. Add overhead and profit unless that is already built in your rates.

I highly recommend you buying Mike Holt's estimating book.

satcom

I don't understand how someone could ask an internet forum how to price a job the no one has seen or how qualified their labor is.

If you have to ask what to charge, you stand no chance of making any money with a GC on a commercial job and have a high risk of being taken advantage of.

When he asked what is the going rate? you know he is in trouble and has no idea what his cost is, so when he figures his cost, he can establish a rate
He is a GC's dream come true, a guy that has no idea how to operate a business and make a profit.

cdslotz

I have a Catholic church remodel on my desk now with LED pendants, dimming system and a re-do of the distribution.
Anyone know the going rate?

tkb

I have a Catholic church remodel on my desk now with LED pendants, dimming system and a re-do of the distribution.
Anyone know the going rate?

Have you read any of the replies to the original post in this thread?

If you have to ask what the going rate is, you don't stand a chance in this business.
You obviously don't know what your costs are and can't possibly bid this correctly.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
You obviously missed my sarcasm

i didn't miss it.... it was right up there ^^^^^^

:)

the guys trying to figure out what to charge for his labor.

the earlier reply of $60 a hole isn't bad.... what i've taken to doing with
installs in situations like this, is to use a 2x2 piece of 1/4" tempered
hardboard, with a hole cut the right size in the middle. that goes on
top of the tile, and keeps the fixture from shifting around over time,
and egging out the hole, but that wasn't what he was asking...

i'd figure a labor unit of an hour a fixture.

ya gotta drop wires for the seismic protection on the fixture, and
for support on the BX as well, as socal doesn't allow you to clip to
the ceiling wires any more.... it adds time to the work.

ya gotta just decide how much you want to get paid for putting up
with whatever level of bs the job will entail... that is really all that
it amounts to... $60 labor + the material comes to roughly $90
a hole, depending on fixture trim.

in socal here, there are people quoting can lights in residential
occupancy at $55 each, installed.

labor and materials. yep. $55.
licensed, bonded, insured.

$55.

yep. hungry suckers out there at the moment. lots of them.

theres a bunch of folks on the other thread over there... >>>>>
hollering about the demise of the work, and pricing, and
other people telling them not to cave in on price.

and everyone's got an opinion.....

here's the facts:

$55 a hole.
installed.
labor and materials.
licensed. bonded. insured.

Just asking...not relying on....

Just asking...not relying on....

Sheesh, so harsh guys. I'm simply asking what going rate is, not that I'm taking his number literally. I just posted last week about a topic with pricing. I did the over head stuff etc. Just a curious post. My company is in a good way. I'm fishing to see what people are doing is all. Learning as I always do from the Mike Holt Forum members. When I can give back, I do.

Cheers..

Static

satcom

Sheesh, so harsh guys. I'm simply asking what going rate is, not that I'm taking his number literally. I just posted last week about a topic with pricing. I did the over head stuff etc. Just a curious post. My company is in a good way. I'm fishing to see what people are doing is all. Learning as I always do from the Mike Holt Forum members. When I can give back, I do.

Cheers..

Static

The guys want to help the harsh reply is someone telling you there is a going rate, there is no such thing as a going rate not only is everyone's overhead and operating cost different, the job conditions can also differ and to extremes, that will make a big difference in a final bid

Jerseydaze

I can tell you in jersey the going rate was $90 per man hour

I can tell you in jersey the going rate was $90 per man hour

I can tell you in jersey the going rate was $90 per man hour.I'm trying to get $75and getting rejected .Hanging out at the office affects the going rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.