Heat pump package with heater coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dec

A new central air/heat pump package list the minimum circuit ampacity @ 33 amps (240vac 1ph). The heater package minimum circuit ampacity is 75 amps. There is an existing cable which served the old unit marked SE style U Type XHHW-2. It also has markings AWG 6-1 & AWG 8. Can this cable be used for the new unit since it is XHHW-2 ?
ALSO....the AC/Heat pump part is listed at 33amps. The old feed used # 10 NM cable. Using the 60 deg column for NM cable would mean I have to use #8 for this feed....right ?

Cavie

A new central air/heat pump package list the minimum circuit ampacity @ 33 amps (240vac 1ph). The heater package minimum circuit ampacity is 75 amps. There is an existing cable which served the old unit marked SE style U Type XHHW-2. It also has markings AWG 6-1 & AWG 8. Can this cable be used for the new unit since it is XHHW-2 ?
ALSO....the AC/Heat pump part is listed at 33amps. The old feed used # 10 NM cable. Using the 60 deg column for NM cable would mean I have to use #8 for this feed....right ?

XHHW-2 is not the wire size the #6 is wire size. Me thinks this thread needs to be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.