Combination motor starter mounting height

Status
Not open for further replies.

dav5y

Hi All,

I was looking in the NEC for the minimum mounting height for a combination motor starter but could not find anything. Only maximum mounting height. Is there a section of the NEC that states the minimum mounting height for combination motor starters ???????

Andrew

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
sounds as if there is an interesting, and perhaps expensive, story associated.:D
Actually lucrative for me. When I had a panel shop, I built 30 duplex pump panels with soft starters in them for a Bureau of Reclamation project where they were de-watering a river bank to stabilize it and pumping the water out to a wildlife area to grow vegetation for the critters to eat (our tax dollars at work). The GC had his own electrical crew, but they were no smarter than a bag of hammers. They mounted all of the panels about 2 feet off the ground, they said because they didn't want the disconnect handles to be too high. The first winter, the river went over the banks as it does pretty much every year at one point or another, and ALL of the panels were flooded (as were the backup generators). I got to rebuild them all at the expense of the GCs insurance company. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.