Alum SE cable for panel feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read numerous times, and verified, that SE cable must be installed based on the 60 degree rating.

I've installed a 3 meter base system, each meter having a 100amp main breaker to feed a panel of a 3 plex.

Does not Table 310.15(B)(6) (2008 NEC) allow the use of #2/3 w ground aluminum SE cable for this 100amp feed from the main to the interior panel (100 amp, 20 position)?

If not, please explain why.

I think it's OK, but hate to do things twice.

Thanks

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So each of the three will be the main power feeder to each dwelling unit?

310.15(B)(6) 120/240-Volt, 3-Wire, Single-Phase Dwelling Services and Feeders. For individual dwelling units of one-family, two-family, and multifamily dwellings, conductors, as listed in Table 310.15(B)(6), shall be permitted as 120/240-volt, 3-wire, single-phase service-entrance conductors, service-lateral conductors, and feeder conductors that serve as the main power feeder to each dwelling unit and are installed in raceway or cable with or without an equipment grounding conductor. For application of this section, the main power feeder shall be the feeder between the main disconnect and the panelboard that supplies, either by branch circuits or by feeders, or both, all loads that are part or associated with the dwelling unit. The feeder conductors to a dwelling unit shall not be required to have an allowable ampacity rating greater than their service-entrance conductors. The grounded conductor shall be permitted to be smaller than the ungrounded conductors, provided the requirements of 215.2, 220.61, and 230.42 are met.

Status
Not open for further replies.