Didn't see this one coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today a combination city inspector hit me with this one. We have 3 -30 amp, 208 vac, 3-phase disconnects on a platform above a t-bar ceiling that runs 3 A/C units indoors.(units on platform). The disconnects are under a 2' X 4' skylight located on the roof approximately 3' below the roof. He wants proof that it's ok to have them their because of the possible heat generated. Commercial job So. Ca. Thanks!

iwire

Staff member
Today a combination city inspector hit me with this one. We have 3 -30 amp, 208 vac, 3-phase disconnects on a platform above a t-bar ceiling that runs 3 A/C units indoors.(units on platform). The disconnects are under a 2' X 4' skylight located on the roof approximately 3' below the roof. He wants proof that it's ok to have them their because of the possible heat generated. Commercial job So. Ca. Thanks!

Did he cite a code section?

If not it sounds like you passed.

kwired

Electron manager
I am assuming he is concerned with ambient temperature that may be encountered.

Can you find an ambient temp rating for your disconnect? Bet all you find is allowable conductor rating of 75?C.

If this is what he is after did he even question whether or not your conductors were sized with consideration of ambient temperature?

bob

Is he speaking of solar heat from the skylight? If so put a thermometer next to the dsconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.