Canadian 400amp service location

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerplay

In an Canadian home with a shop in the backyard, I was told someone approved 2 utility poles to bring power to the shop, then bring power to the home. I have now been told I cannot bring power to the back of the home and to place a pole on the front yard for the pole across the street to connect to and build a shed to contain the 400 amp service. The owner does not want a shed in the front of the small front yard, and the option to build an attached closet to the outside of the home to house the service/cts/meter with key access for the Utility would stand possibly too close to the property line, as it is 1.5 meters to the building and 1.2 meters is allowed to building structure/overhang from the property line. Is it possible to install the service within the residence with outside access to read the meter? What can of worms would i be opening if allowed to install inside the front entrance of the home? Does the owner need to build a wall to contain the service...maybe 5/8 fireguard on exterior wall for firerating? thanks again for any feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.