Starting *Now*: Forum Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
This is the first thread I've clicked, but using Firefox on the Mac it worked right. I'll check with Safari on my phone here in a bit.

ETA: I've had one success and a dozen miscues on the phone.

Last edited:

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
That's funny, after posting this, I went back to "today's post" and it had a "404" error. I tried this several times with the same result. I closed the site and tried to reopened it and it took to me to Google (my homepage).:huh: It did this for about 10 minutes and then it opened up just fine. Not sure if Webmaster had the site down or what.

ETA. I lost connection to the site again soon after this. I tried for several minutes before I had to leave, but it went to the "404" when trying to refresh, and to Google if you closed the site and tried to reopen it. Not sure when it came back up, I was gone most of the day.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I know this is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd mention a couple tweaks this morning. I finally figured out how to remove the "default post icon" (
icon1.png
in the "Thread Display Options") from the posts. I had that halfway done back when I was fiddling with this a lot.

Also, I added a code cycle field to our profiles. You can add what code cycle you are under by editing your profile here. I made it mandatory and threw a little trick in there to foil spambots.

Let me know if any of these changes are a problem. I think it might look better to put the
icon1.png
back.

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I updated by typing 2007 and it did nothing. Is that appropriate since I already am a member. Have you tried signing up with George 3...:D

hurk27

I entered my code cycle, but it only shows up in my profile. Would it not be better if we could someone's code cycle, like his/her location, when he/she posts.

If you want the Code cycle to show up in each post, just add it to your location with "NEC" ahead of it, it will come out just below your location if there is enough characters in the line:happyyes:

tkb

When clicking on the "go to first new post" button, it only takes you to the page and not the newest post.

It is NOT and IE problem as it acts the sam while trying to view on an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.