Book on Electric Shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know of a copy of the following:
Dalziel, Charles F. The effects of electric shock on man / Washington, D.C. : U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Office of Health and Safety, 1956. Series: Safety and fire protection technical bulletin; No 7

I am guessing its a summary of his research on electric shock. Mr Dalziel is the inventor of the GFCI

zog

I have that somewhere, but the info is very dated, however many of his formulas are still used today. More recent research was done by Biegelmeier

If you are doing research you need to look at IEEE std 80 and IEC 479, if you can't purchase the standards and need free info I recommend Dr Michael Morse's webpage, he is considered one of the leading experts in electrical shock and has a lot of good info on his website.
http://www.electricalinjury.com/EIinfo.htm

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Wife is a librarian, so if a copy exists she will find it.
So is mine. There are 23 libraries that have a copy. The nearest one to you, Tom, is at the University of Washington. You should be able to go there and read it, but I doubt that it is available for circulation. You can start here:
http://www.worldcat.org/title/effects-of-electric-shock-on-man/oclc/8522605?referer=di&ht=edition

I was also told that there may be a similar document published by the IEEE. If I am able to find it, read it, or download it, I will let you know.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
You might also try asking your local library if they can get a copy sent to them via an interlibrary loan.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Short term memory issues?
Not at all. I was refering to a technical paper originally published in an IEEE journal, a document that I may be able to access (as an IEEE member) via their web site, not an IEEE standard accessible to anyone who is willing to buy the book. Sorry I did not make that clear.:dunce:

zog

Not at all. I was refering to a technical paper originally published in an IEEE journal, a document that I may be able to access (as an IEEE member) via their web site, not an IEEE standard accessible to anyone who is willing to buy the book. Sorry I did not make that clear.:dunce:

Do you remember the title? I have a bunch of those

sgunsel

You might try looking for "Electrical Stimulation and Electropathology" by J. Patrick Reilly, Cambridge University Press, 1992.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Here is what I found on the IEEE web site. Unfortunately, my own IEEE subscription does not give me access to this particular journal. If anyone has a corporate IEEE membership with a broader range of subscription options, then perhaps you can get the paper.
  • Dalziel, Charles F.;
  • University of California Berkeley, California
  • This paper appears in: Medical Electronics, IRE Transactions on
  • Issue Date: July 1956
  • Volume: PGME-5
  • On page(s): 44 - 62
  • ISSN: 0097-1049
  • Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/IRET-ME.1956.5008573
  • Date of Current Version: 02 June 2009

jumper

So is mine. There are 23 libraries that have a copy. The nearest one to you, Tom, is at the University of Washington. You should be able to go there and read it, but I doubt that it is available for circulation. You can start here:
http://www.worldcat.org/title/effects-of-electric-shock-on-man/oclc/8522605?referer=di&ht=edition

I was also told that there may be a similar document published by the IEEE. If I am able to find it, read it, or download it, I will let you know.

Nice job to your wife Charlie, I assume she found the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.