Xmas lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

You can call it dump question: if I need to run (15) 20A/120V circuits to the yard and feed Xmas lights, tree lights....
the yard is probably 30 feet away from building electrical room - ground floor.

Should I install all above (15) circuits (or total of 30 if counting total hot and neutral wires) in a large conduit and run this conduit underground from building electrical room
to the yard, then terminate the conduit in a pull box. Then, run 1/2"C underground conduits from this pull box to electrical outlets installed by the tree
(Xmas light, tree light cord can plug into this outlet)...

If I run (15) conduits straight from panel to the trees...it sounds weird and kind of a mess when penetrating all those (15) conduits through building slab???

Any other better ways to do this conduit run?

Are there other methods to distribute circuits from large conduit into small conduits besides using a pull-box?

THANKS!

iMuse97

You can call it dump question: if I need to run (15) 20A/120V circuits to the yard and feed Xmas lights, tree lights....
the yard is probably 30 feet away from building electrical room - ground floor.

Should I install all above (15) circuits (or total of 30 if counting total hot and neutral wires) in a large conduit and run this conduit underground from building electrical room
to the yard, then terminate the conduit in a pull box. Then, run 1/2"C underground conduits from this pull box to electrical outlets installed by the tree
(Xmas light, tree light cord can plug into this outlet)...

If I run (15) conduits straight from panel to the trees...it sounds weird and kind of a mess when penetrating all those (15) conduits through building slab???

Any other better ways to do this conduit run?

Are there other methods to distribute circuits from large conduit into small conduits besides using a pull-box?

THANKS!

No need to insult your own intelligence: we can help you with that! :) BTW: they always said in school that there was no dumb question.

Anyway, I would run three or four one inch conduits out of the building where they end in one to four pull boxes, depending on size, location, etc. In this way you keep the number of current-carrying conductors would be few enough that you would have to worry less about derating. This is quite possibly an installation that may receive a high use factor (ie. continuous load) and a high abuse factor. Both of these things require that you overbuild rather than under build it.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Is there a spot you can semi-hide a Nema 3R panel? Run a feeder out to it, then split off to the receptacles. This would also keep from eating up all of your breaker spaces in the building panel for outlets used only a couple months a year.

anbm

Is there a spot you can semi-hide a Nema 3R panel? Run a feeder out to it, then split off to the receptacles. This would also keep from eating up all of your breaker spaces in the building panel for outlets used only a couple months a year.

No... and the owner doesn't want a panel in front of his nice building...:p
Wish I can use solar power.

Status
Not open for further replies.