Do they make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Well of course they..... well FWIW, the square D catalog only lists coil voltage up to 240 volts for any of the plug in relays. (I assume that's what you ment by ice cube.)

But the Square D CA2K and CA3K relays have coil voltages up to 690 volts. They are still pretty small relays, but they have terminal screws on them.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
:angel::eek:Just put two of the 240 volt ones in series:p

We had a shear or a brake at one place i worked at--disremember which, but in the distant past someone had wired a 100 watt 120 volt light in series with a 24VAC ice cube relay because they didn't have one handy in 120VAC,---so anytime the light was out the equip wouldn't run--I fixed it one night shift and got yelled at, as he was laughing, by the head electrician--seems the mechanics kept complaining that it wouldn't run --he'd TS it and it was fine--finnally he was told "that no it isn't--see the red light is out and that means it's broke"--had to put the light back in---just wired it thru a contact

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
:angel::eek:Just put two of the 240 volt ones in series:p

We had a shear or a brake at one place i worked at--disremember which, but in the distant past someone had wired a 100 watt 120 volt light in series with a 24VAC ice cube relay because they didn't have one handy in 120VAC,---so anytime the light was out the equip wouldn't run--I fixed it one night shift and got yelled at, as he was laughing, by the head electrician--seems the mechanics kept complaining that it wouldn't run --he'd TS it and it was fine--finnally he was told "that no it isn't--see the red light is out and that means it's broke"--had to put the light back in---just wired it thru a contact

:D I liked that!

Status
Not open for further replies.