California 3-way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
With that one only one person or group of people can go through the tunnel at a time and would have to return back before another could go through, and if a person was to come in from the right side, they would not have any power if no one has gone through from the left.

I still love the animation:thumbsup:

Look at it again, unless I am missing something I don't see why you couldn't repeat a left to right series again and it would still work. You should be able to approach from either side at any time and it will work. If two people were to enter at same time from opposite ends the first light on each end will work fine, lights in the middle may work, may not work, or will have more than one in series depending on exactly which switches are in what position.

ronaldrc

Your right Hurk

I would not use this circuit and wouldn't recommend it.

I threw that together a few years back when I first seen this circuit discussed.
On this forum.

I would use standard threeways if the tunnel had different sections.

Ronald:)

hurk27

Look at it again, unless I am missing something I don't see why you couldn't repeat a left to right series again and it would still work. You should be able to approach from either side at any time and it will work. If two people were to enter at same time from opposite ends the first light on each end will work fine, lights in the middle may work, may not work, or will have more than one in series depending on exactly which switches are in what position.

In Ronalds circuit (in the link he posted http://home.comcast.net/~ronaldrc/wsb/Tunnel_light_switch_system.htm) it starts with a single pole as the first switch in the circuit, this breaks the hot feeding the circuit, if a person were to come into the tunnel from the right and this switch was open there would be no power, also once the three ways have changed from a person going from left to right another person entering the tunnel from the left would not have a working light.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
In Ronalds circuit (in the link he posted http://home.comcast.net/~ronaldrc/wsb/Tunnel_light_switch_system.htm) it starts with a single pole as the first switch in the circuit, this breaks the hot feeding the circuit, if a person were to come into the tunnel from the right and this switch was open there would be no power, also once the three ways have changed from a person going from left to right another person entering the tunnel from the left would not have a working light.

Sorry I was not paying very close attention. I was responding to drawing in post 14, which I now see you posted it. That one will work as I mentioned, Ronalds, which I did not see until now, will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.