Confusing service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
The attached photos are taken at a small townhouse. I will be replacing the interior main panel. The main panel is back to back with the exterior panel with pullout fuses. . I would expect to see a main breaker outside to serve as a main disconnect and over current protection. Do pullout fuses qualify as a disconnecting mean?

Attachments

• Ingalls.JPG
    Ingalls.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 0

Volta

The attached photos are taken at a small townhouse. I will be replacing the interior main panel. The main panel is back to back with the exterior panel with pullout fuses. . I would expect to see a main breaker outside to serve as a main disconnect and over current protection. Do pullout fuses qualify as a disconnecting mean?

Well, kind of old school, but sure.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I really don't care for service changes....but, it is nice to see your finished work compared to the piece of crap you tore out!

I just bid a real zinger a couple days ago too, I'll have to take some pics if I end up doing it.

kwired

Electron manager
I really don't care for service changes....but, it is nice to see your finished work compared to the piece of crap you tore out!

I just bid a real zinger a couple days ago too, I'll have to take some pics if I end up doing it.

What if he takes a picture of a 2000 amp service someplace and trys to tell us that is what he replaced the 60 amp service with?

Nothing like having a service that is worth more than the home:lol:

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
What if he takes a picture of a 2000 amp service someplace and trys to tell us that is what he replaced the 60 amp service with?

Nothing like having a service that is worth more than the home:lol:

I don't think anyone would believe he's THAT good of a salesman!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.