OSHA revokes Wyle Laboratories, Inc as NRTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

SUMMARY: This notice announces the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's decision to revoke the recognition of Wyle Laboratories, Inc. (Wyle) as a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory under 29 CFR 1910.7.

OSHA is revoking Wyle's recognition as an NRTL. OSHA identified deficiencies in Wyle's testing and certification operations that Wyle did not correct. OSHA determined that, as a result of these deficiencies, Wyle failed to substantially satisfy the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.7 and Appendix A, which is a cause for revocation under OSHA's NRTL Program regulations. OSHA already notified Wyle of the revocation decision, which is final. The DATES section above provides the effective date of revocation. Consequently, the Agency no longer accepts product certifications made by Wyle on or after this effective date.

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=FEDERAL_REGISTER&p_id=22157

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Revocation becomes effective in 60 days,
unless the NRTL corrects the deficiency or requests a hearing before an
Administrative Law Judge on the revocation action. Wyle did not request
such a hearing.

Somebody didn't read their mail?

From looking at their website just now though, it's more probable they have decided to focus strictly on DOD stuff, which likely doesn't need the NRTL listing, and Life Sciences testing, to which NRTL is probably redundant to some other more stringent standard. So someone in charge of cost cutting may have just decided to let it go. I also notice that the office I was going to work at near San Jose, CA is not shown, so they either didn't open it or closed it already. The job there was going to be product testing of electronic systems for the semiconductor and solar industries, which are in the tank. So I would imagine that they got the NRTL in anticipation of branching out, then found there was no market for those services and pulled back.

J

janagyjr

There are better ways of getting out of it. This leaves a black mark and a question mark on their reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.