Retractable light fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktm400sx

I need to hang a few high bay 1000w fixtures in such a way as to be able to lower the fixture in order to change the bulb. The cord will be a coiled type that will be plugged into the socket above the fixture.
My question has more to do with the mechanical method for lowering the fixture. We are thinking about using a boat trailer type winch... to raise and lower the fixtures. Is this permissable?
Thanks for any help

jumper

The system uses a portable hand crank that attaches to brackets on a wall. You raise and lower fixtures on a cable system and the electrical connection is made and broken at the box through contact plates.

We used it a lot for MH fixtures in places (gyms, warehouses, etc) to avoid that end user from having to get a lift to work on the fixtures.

Barndog

I need to hang a few high bay 1000w fixtures in such a way as to be able to lower the fixture in order to change the bulb. The cord will be a coiled type that will be plugged into the socket above the fixture.
My question has more to do with the mechanical method for lowering the fixture. We are thinking about using a boat trailer type winch... to raise and lower the fixtures. Is this permissable?
Thanks for any help

We use to do lights like that in Bulk mail centers. We used a pulley system with a counter weight. When you wanted to change the bulb the end of the cable by the fixture had a loop you pulled the light down and changed the bulb then pushed the light back into place. Can't remember the specifics but thats the idea. Dont know if we bought or made the cable assemblies.

Status
Not open for further replies.