What is the stuff for freeing stuck wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterinbama

I'm wondering if flushing the Walker Duct with floor stripper will cut the wax? After all it's formulated for cutting the wax off the floor. Of course I would flush and vacuum the run before new conductors are installed.

iwire

Staff member
I'm wondering if flushing the Walker Duct with floor stripper will cut the wax? After all it's formulated for cutting the wax off the floor. Of course I would flush and vacuum the run before new conductors are installed.

That would be great if I had that kind of time.:)

I have 10 hours tops to get the old out and the new in.

Access to the duct is tough as it is under register lanes and has 6" deep cups. I am trying to get them to abandon it and redo it overhead with power poles.

iwire

Staff member
Never have understood why a retail store that never has more than 2 registers open cannot possibly function for a day on 2 temporary POS kiosks.

LOL :D

I have one currently with a 22 register front line and just 1 is out, they are complaining like it is killing them. They never open all the lanes, never.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
LOL :D

I have one currently with a 22 register front line and just 1 is out, they are complaining like it is killing them. They never open all the lanes, never.

they probably don't have 22 employees in the whole store, total. retail is running pretty thin these days...

the home dipsnits near where i live have TWO stations open... one with 4 scanners, overseen by one rocket scientist,
and one for the "contractor" check out, that is anything but.

did i mention that i really don't like home dipsnits, and will go to any length to avoid shopping there?

i still think that using the draw string to loosen up the wire would be a good solution,
but power poles are looking pretty spiffy as well..... i suspect you won't talk them into that however...

Status
Not open for further replies.