Wireless Remote Thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkgrady

I'm wiring a remodel in part of a house that has a heat only thermostat in a bedroom. It operates a gas furnace so it is a typical 24 volt control. It's really in a bad place because the room heats up alot from the sun and the rest of the zone stays cold in the winter. It would be very difficult to run a cable to a better location. So my question is is there a thermostat I can install in the same location that gets its signal from a different room? I would also like it to be programmable but that it not essential.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I'm wiring a remodel in part of a house that has a heat only thermostat in a bedroom. It operates a gas furnace so it is a typical 24 volt control. It's really in a bad place because the room heats up alot from the sun and the rest of the zone stays cold in the winter. It would be very difficult to run a cable to a better location. So my question is is there a thermostat I can install in the same location that gets its signal from a different room? I would also like it to be programmable but that it not essential.

Honeywell has several versions.

I also see lots of them on Amazon.com

mkgrady

Honeywell has several versions.

I also see lots of them on Amazon.com

I looked at several for sale on the web and they don't say much about how they work and or what components go where. I even looked at the instruction manual on how to install one in particular. It showed a typical t-stat wiring diagram and discussed its function but was dead silent on how it would operate from a remotely mounted sensor.

I'm hoping someone here has installed one and thinks it would work in my situation.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I wired a Church family life center that the hvac contractor used wireless thermostats, and they seem to work good, the thermostats are at one end of the building, and the airhandlers are over a basketball court away.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I looked at several for sale on the web and they don't say much about how they work and or what components go where. I even looked at the instruction manual on how to install one in particular. It showed a typical t-stat wiring diagram and discussed its function but was dead silent on how it would operate from a remotely mounted sensor.

I'm hoping someone here has installed one and thinks it would work in my situation.

http://www.smarthome.com/30403A/Venstar-Wireless-Thermostat-System-No-Need-to-Rewire/p.aspx

=====
Overview
Wireless remote control thermostat
7 Day Programmable with 4 time periods per day and holiday mode
Backlit display shows large numbers as well as the heating/cooling set point, and room temperature
Can be manually operated or programmed for energy savings
Up to 4 thermostats can be used with one receiver
Transmits up to 500 feet, through walls and floors
Essential Info
Did you ever wish you could turn up the heat without getting out of your warm cozy bed? Or that you could turn down the air conditioning from your living room chair? Or put the thermostat in a newborn baby's room to keep the temperature exactly right? If you wish to be able to move the thermostat, put it by your bedside at night, or even control your heating and air conditioning system from two different places, such as upstairs and downstairs, then the Venstar Wireless Thermostat is for you.

Here's how it works: Remove your old wall thermostat, replace it with the Venstar receiver and then remotely control the temperature anywhere in your house with the Venstar thermostat. Add additional wireless thermostats around your house (up to 4) and have instant access to temperature control no matter where you are.
=====

Status
Not open for further replies.