Decora Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I read where someone posted there were certain brands or grades of Decora switches that weren't as good as others, or maybe they stated which was better. Anyway I can't seem to find the thread. I am doing a bathroom remodel and the HO is interested in decora switches. There are currently 2 snap switches, 1 for the light and 1 for the fan and plans are to change these to decora or some type rocker switch. What have you guys found to be the better Decora switches?

jumper

I read where someone posted there were certain brands or grades of Decora switches that weren't as good as others, or maybe they stated which was better. Anyway I can't seem to find the thread. I am doing a bathroom remodel and the HO is interested in decora switches. There are currently 2 snap switches, 1 for the light and 1 for the fan and plans are to change these to decora or some type rocker switch. What have you guys found to be the better Decora switches?

Yeah, I remember that thread.

Send me your credit card number and I will find it.:angel:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
IMO, P&S make a great decora switch however you may be referring to the 4 ways. The reg. grade decora 4 way switches have a high failure rate so it is best to use the higher grade for those. My supplier has stopped carrying the reg. grade 4 ways because of the failure rate.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
IMO, P&S make a great decora switch however you may be referring to the 4 ways. The reg. grade decora 4 way switches have a high failure rate so it is best to use the higher grade for those. My supplier has stopped carrying the reg. grade 4 ways because of the failure rate.

That's probably what I was thinking about.
Thanks Dennis, I usually use P&S but wasn't sure about the Decora type. I didn't want to recommend and install something and have it fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.