work space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Besides the rose bush, I am sure this is working space issue.

I like to know if you see otherwise.

Attachments

• PB080071.jpg
    PB080071.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0

sgunsel

The bricks look like a minor inconvenience to me. I don't see why they would prevent access. Or is there something else I can't see in the photo?

nakulak

the landscaping brick is a working space issue ? that would have to be the most [inapproptiate term removed] call I've ever heard of. I could easily see the meter height being a problem (but I don't know who the poco is) (if it's PG&E, the meter height is not supposed to be more than 75 inches, I believe)

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Well, I don't have to do any live work on that panel, so it is not my life at risk. But my duty as a professional engineer requires me to safeguard the lives of others. The problem with the bricks is that they establish a non-level working floor and a trip hazard.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The bricks, just like house keeping pads on big equipment, are a very clear violation of 110.26(A)(3).

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
No one called me on. it i told them if you install a new panel then it has to move or the bricks move. as stated in other posts it is a clear violation of 110.26 but i just wanted to see if more experienced inspectors see it otherwise.

John Arendt

First, were the bricks there for the original install & inspection & approval?? IMHO, probably not, along with the rose bush.

Depending on the AHJs interpertation of the 'Rehab' code here, the replacement of the panel 'like for like' in the same location may be acceptable. But, upgrading the service would require relocation or removal of the bricks.

Either way,,,,the roses go!!

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
My wife would say the rose bush does not cover the panel and meter well enough in the first place.

They are older couple and probably married for longer than 50 years, the husband said " I will take out rose bush and remove the bricks" the wife said "the rose bush and the bricks stay".

Take a wild guess as to who won the argument without a fight.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
Winning is easy--just wait till she finishes her rant then when she is out of words and breath--turn up the hearing aid and ask if she said something?:lol: she'll get so mad that words now fail and off she stomps

Status
Not open for further replies.