Field Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Hope this is not so off topic that it gets removed. As most of you know I am an estimator and have asked MANY questions on here and have been helped by many and I thank you. I was looking ot work on the weekend for an electrical contractor for free to gain hands on experience. Do you there would be a contractor willing to take me on for something like that? I would obviously try to get in with a reputable/good guy. THanks.

growler

I was looking ot work on the weekend for an electrical contractor for free to gain hands on experience. Do you there would be a contractor willing to take me on for something like that? I would obviously try to get in with a reputable/good guy. THanks.

I doubt it. It's not like they wouldn't like some "free" labor but to cover you for insurance purposes you would need to be an employee.

I would say an offer to work for a minimum wage would be as close as you could legally get to free. The company would still have to cover you with workman's comp or it would be dangerous to have you on the job site ( and maybe not even allowed).

A guy willing to work cheap on the weekend my just do the trick. :happyyes: If he shows up sober it's even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.