Carpenters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

I normally don't complain, but this includes every device in the room... ugh.... we had elevations at rough in, so please tell me WHY the molding always overlays our boxes?

John Arendt

A wild guess...did the carp possibly 'add' the 3/4" for assumed floor finish to his height, forgetting that the finish floor was installed??

Time to go sideways!:slaphead:

stickboy1375

yeah, i just started working for the company Im with now not too long ago, its a new area in the state for me, and the carpenters are terrible out this way... i mean in workmanship qualities...

stickboy1375

A wild guess...did the carp possibly 'add' the 3/4" for assumed floor finish to his height, forgetting that the finish floor was installed??

Time to go sideways!:slaphead:

what about the 3 gang box for switches.... lol... any who, why on earth would you continue installing trim when you know an issue exist? Um, how bout call somebody?

Last edited:

svh19044

1. Carpenter Gets Multimaster
2. Notch molding

It certainly isn't good work to begin with, so if he has to redo the molding, that isn't he worst thing in the world. The carpenter should consider it practice.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
You don't have enough slack in the wire to move the box up 3/4" or so to clear the cover?

I'd try cutting the nails on the existing box, and then pull it out and replace it with an Arlington one box. Notch the hole for the box up just high enough that the cover will conceal the gap that's under it and sit right on the trim.

I know it sucks, and I hate fixing other people's problems, but there is a little satisfaction knowing I'm charging idiots for their mistakes.

Maybe someone else has a better workaround....?

John Arendt

OK, point taken, I didn't know you had a 3 gang, thought it was only the one in the pic.

You can't move the box up, so the molding has to be relocated or notched for your plates. I love jobs where the trades can't get together. Also hated working with those that only covered their own butts, & not care about anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.