Interesting newspaper article

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I think the author should have stopped at the end of the second paragraph of his response.

article.jpg

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I suppose it had not occurred to this "certified master inspector" that the lights and the receptacles might be on different circuits? :happyno:

jeremysterling

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I suppose it had not occurred to this "certified master inspector" that the lights and the receptacles might be on different circuits? :happyno:

what could that have to do with anything? :p

I don?t know if you are trying to pull my leg, or are just being facetious. But just in case, the issue presented in the news article said that the homeowner checked all the outlets. Given that the homeowner is probably not an electrician, I infer that he used the word ?outlets? to mean ?receptacle outlets,? and that he didn?t check the lighting outlet, nor the box in which the switch was installed. My first guess is that the receptacles are on one circuit, and that one was turned off, and that the lights were on a different circuit, and that one was still turned on. The fact that this simple possibility did not occur to the ?certified master inspector,? and that he instead offered some far more complex explanation, tells me his ego is bigger than his experience.

pete m.

Maybe I should have paid more attention in my apprenticeship.... The black wire in an AC circuit is considered positive?:blink:

Also, in the circuit described, when did a "feeder" enter the equation?

Guess I will just never get this electric stuff:happyno:

Pete

cowboyjwc

Staff member

I don?t know if you are trying to pull my leg, or are just being facetious. But just in case, the issue presented in the news article said that the homeowner checked all the outlets. Given that the homeowner is probably not an electrician, I infer that he used the word ?outlets? to mean ?receptacle outlets,? and that he didn?t check the lighting outlet, nor the box in which the switch was installed. My first guess is that the receptacles are on one circuit, and that one was turned off, and that the lights were on a different circuit, and that one was still turned on. The fact that this simple possibility did not occur to the ?certified master inspector,? and that he instead offered some far more complex explanation, tells me his ego is bigger than his experience.

I'm pretty sure that he was just being facetious, so just stick to the facts.:happyyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.