EVITP training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Anyone taking or has taken the EVITP class or training.

any thoughts on it will be appreciated.

lauraj

I've taken the class. The charger installation itself is really not that difficult. There are some considerations when installing the level 2 chargers as far as load capacity on the service, so part of the class reviews service calculations. Another big part of it is the customer service side, knowing the different options on chargers and how they would affect the installation and being able to discuss this with the home or business owner who is having the charger installed.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Thanks for the reply.

How did you like the class? how much? was it worth the time? has it benefited you or your business?

lauraj

I enjoyed the class since I didn't know much about them beforehand. I teach, so the class definitely benefits my business hehe. Unfortunately I don't have first hand experience to see how applicable the class is in the field. I will try to get some feedback from some of the contractors and journeymen who have taken the class and reply again.

DPM

I'm taking the class right now. I will be finished in 5 weeks. It is only a 7 week class at 3 hours per night, then the test is on the 8th night.
Once I pass the test, I will be certified on the National level.
My class didn't cost me a cent, since I'm taking it thru the NJATC.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I got a hold of the local rep but he told me that the funds are frozen and no classes are being offered. :(

WIMaster

I took the class and passed the test at the end. The test was mostly code, the class was interesting in some respects, boring in others. Mine was through the local JATC so there was no extra cost to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.