buying electricians tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1470

Im looking for a website that I can buy electricians tools for a good price any help will be greatly appreciated thank you and happy thanksgiving

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have been buying Greenlee tools from Lowes . I see no reason to but from the supply company which can charge me 20-30% more on tools.

kwired

Electron manager
I used to be a lot more supportive of the supply house. They keep being bought out by larger companies and their services seem to suck a little more each time they are acquired by another company.

They are still the most convenient for stocked items. But the amount of stocked items seems to be declining and sometimes it just as well to buy it from someplace that does have it. The supply house usually adds shipping anyway to non stocked items, unless it is at another one of their stores and you are willing to wait for inter - store transportation to bring it to them.

A good place to buy something is not easy to decide. One place will have a good price on the item you want today, but if you want something else next week they may not have the best price. You have to use your own discretion when deciding.

GUNNING

ebay....

ebay....

Buy your used tools back on ebay or craigslist after they disappear.

I try to buy some from my supply house but I cant afford the $35 screw driver or the $7 #2 phillips tip.

I will get a screw driver there occasionally and I do try to get what I can there, cause we need each other. Its a love hate relationship.

The expensive big stuff I shop around for, they do too. It's business.

kwired

Electron manager
Buy usa made!

That is easier said than done with almost any product these days. Even American based companies have plants outside the country that even if an entire product is not produced there, many components are.

Have a brother in law that many years ago was stationed in Korea in military. Sent home a video for us to watch during holidays, he happened to be going through a small facility that made fishing poles and grabbed a particular finished one and was looking at it. It had a tag on it and he read it to us: "Wal-Mart, Made in the USA, imagine that".

Made in the USA label means nothing.

nhfire77

Amazon is cheapest for what they have, if you have Amazon Prime which is free two day shipping on anything they(amazon) sells. Prime costs $79/yr but it starts making you money after the first four/five individual items. They are great for hand tools mostly.

We have bought materials from amazon, it's not an everyday thing, but they have great prices.

WIMaster

Im looking for a website that I can buy electricians tools for a good price any help will be greatly appreciated thank you and happy thanksgiving

If you are looking on the web do a google or bing search and compare prices including shipping. Amazon is usually pretty good, except for their descriptions.
For new hand tools locally go to Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, They beat the snot out of the supply house prices most of the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.