Class A fire alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

Yes they did discontinue style in 2010 but the spec still calls for Style 7, thats what it says. I would assume it can't be built according to style 7 then, right? No he is not, has been around a long time. What about the iso modules?? One every device? Thanks.

Don't assume that. It's still relevant if they wrote it in there. You really need more information and yes. Get clarification before you make a decision!!!!!!!

hysticali

I've been installing Fire Alarm for over 12 years, and have done plenty of Class A Style 7 installs. I have never had to put an isolation module before and after every device.
At USCD (University of California San Diego) we are required to do these types of installations. We install the Iso for each Addressable channel between every floor in a building and between all buildings .

nhfire77

I've been installing Fire Alarm for over 12 years, and have done plenty of Class A Style 7 installs. I have never had to put an isolation module before and after every device.
At USCD (University of California San Diego) we are required to do these types of installations. We install the Iso for each Addressable channel between every floor in a building and between all buildings .

I don't believe you have done plenty of class A style 7 installs without an ISO between each device. It could have been any other style but not 7. An ISO between each device is the very definition of a class A, Style 7 SLC.

From a Firelite MS9600UDLS manual, Page 99:

Style
To program the SLC Style for the selected loop, press 1 for Style, while viewing Loop Setup
Screen. In the preceding example, the control panel is programmed for Style 4 SLC wiring as indicated
by the 4 to the right of Style in the display. To change the wiring style, press 1 to toggle the
display to read Style 6. Each press of the 1 key will cause the display to toggle between Style 4 and
Style 6. Note that, when programming the Loop Style, the programmer can only select between
Style 4 and Style 6. To program a system for Style 7 wiring, the programmer must select the Loop
Setup for Style 6. Style 7 wiring is the same as Style 6 with the added requirement that each addressable
device on the loop must have a pair of isolator modules, one on each side.

Its not manufacturer specific. Now that called class X in the 2010 edition of 72.

Here is an ECM article on circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.