Oil Refinery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2177k

Anybody ever do contracting for an oil pipeline company. Work would consist of building duct banks all in rigid conduit, from control/power distribution point to pump motors, and various flow/pressure type switches. Would be working for pipeline company electrician, as he knows how it all goes together. Just want an idea of a reasonable hourly rate to charge per man hour. Pipeline company provides all material, and they say the liability insurance is killler. Located in the heart of america, I'm thinking 80-90 a man hour. Anyone have any thoughts?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Anybody ever do contracting for an oil pipeline company. Work would consist of building duct banks all in rigid conduit, from control/power distribution point to pump motors, and various flow/pressure type switches. Would be working for pipeline company electrician, as he knows how it all goes together. Just want an idea of a reasonable hourly rate to charge per man hour. Pipeline company provides all material, and they say the liability insurance is killler. Located in the heart of america, I'm thinking 80-90 a man hour. Anyone have any thoughts?

what's your cost to buy those hours you are gonna sell?

go to bare bones biz and download ellen's worksheets on budget,
to be able to determine your selling price.

google bare bones business plan for the links.

growler

Would be working for pipeline company electrician, as he knows how it all goes together. Pipeline company provides all material.

Are they wanting you to be responsible for the job or are they just wanting you to provide labor and supervision?

If you are responsible for anything it can get expensive in this type of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.