How steep is the learning curve for Visio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMarkNC

Just looking to be able to do one line diagrams and simple circuit layouts at first.

For the Visio guys around here, are the basics of Microsoft Visio something that can be picked up fairly quickly? Also, is there any huge reason to spring for the Premium or Pro version over the Standard?

Mouser

The basic version is all you'll need and the learning curve is not all that bad. the biggest problem would be remembering how you did what you just did... practice will make it easier. Visio comes standard with stenciles with all the common symbols for one line diagrams.

ritelec

the biggest problem would be remembering how you did what you just did... practice will make it easier.

Software............some great stuff.

I've been working on many music programs over the past several years. As with the Visio (which I will check out).............It's probably the same as far as

"Use it or Lose it".

ritelec

Been dabbleing with Sketchup.

I'm not sure if text can be added in the free software (think it may be in the purchased pro version.......must research).

Would like to get it into the adobe bundle.................for manipulation .

In sketchup...........the 3 D is very cool.

Making a small town (possible much work at an old camp).

A pictures worth a thousand words...............:thumbsup:

Actually, probably spinning my wheels as usual.

Online Videos

Online Videos

I had to teach myself Viso a few years back for a job I was doing in reverse engineering and documenting a SONET ring for a State agency.

I found that if you use the google video search, which of course includes youtube, you can find all sorts of tutorials that show you the ropes.

MarkyMarkNC

Thanks guys. I ended up getting the 2010 standard edition. With the help of a few Youtube tutorials, the basics were pretty easy to figure out.

ritelec

Thanks guys. I ended up getting the 2010 standard edition. With the help of a few Youtube tutorials, the basics were pretty easy to figure out.

Does it do 3-D ??? ha ha ha....

I actually have my son working on the sketchup.......For this layout he was able to get the topography from google earth and lay this camp out. Buildings, poles, pool, different elevations..... looking pretty sharp.

Spinning wheels,
Rich :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.