LED Undercabinet Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

Thanks. The LED reflection as shown in your picture doesn't look good. I assume they make some that won't reflect like that?

svh19044

Thanks. The LED reflection as shown in your picture doesn't look good. I assume they make some that won't reflect like that?

They are small LEDs, not really a fix for it and also my biggest problem with them. I just talked a customer out of WAC tape light for this reason on their highly reflective granite. The enclosed style above with frosted glass is really the only way around it.

I have used the seagull frosted festoons and they have the same effect, and the frosting is nowhere near the xenon. It barely diffuses the light.

Seagull also has a small driver for them now so that you don't have to mix xenon with led for xformer load, but an lv dimmer is required.

Last edited:

chris1971

They are small LEDs, not really a fix for it and also my biggest problem with them. I just talked a customer out of WAC tape light for this reason on their highly reflective granite. The enclosed style above with frosted glass is really the only way around it.

I have used the seagull frosted festoons and they have the same effect, and the frosting is nowhere near the xenon. It barely diffuses the light.

Seagull also has a small driver for them now so that you don't have to mix xenon with led for xformer load, but an lv dimmer is required.

Thanks. That certainly makes sense having the LED covered with a frosted lense. So, you mentioned the LED tape, I assume that wouldn't show to well on polished granite?

B4T

Thanks. That certainly makes sense having the LED covered with a frosted lense. So, you mentioned the LED tape, I assume that wouldn't show to well on polished granite?

I would set up a sample display in their kitchen and make sure they like it.. people don't understand things till you show them..

The pics from 7-11 was the tape type..

Status
Not open for further replies.