Fluorescent Bulb Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

svh19044

These were just released last week, and my tester should be here Tuesday. It's certainly a convenience tool, but with the added time saved, as well as trips to getting bulbs/ballasts, it seems like a good buy for $199.

480sparky

I got a nickle that says it's basically the same as this.

34529.JPG

svh19044

I got a nickle that says it's basically the same as this.

34529.JPG

It is basically the same, but the Milwaukee is $100 less and can also test the electronic Ballast just as easily as the bulbs. Obviously the greenlee has advantages over the milwaukee as well.

The $30 tester works the same way as well for testing bulbs.

Last edited:

svh19044

I received my Milwaukee tester and have already used it.

It's feels like a serious testing tool, not the toy I was thinking of, very well built/rugged construction. It works as it is supposed to, and works on other bulbs as well just like the greenlee.

The flashlight, as always, is a nice feature that I'm glad Milwaukee incorporates in to as many tools as they can. For the bulb testing, the fixture has to be off so it makes sense that it has a flashlight. For the ballast testing, fixture on.

So in the end, it's a bulb tester, with an electronic ballast tester. While there isn't anything glorious about the tester, it is still a welcome addition to my tool collection.

Last edited:

Occupation
Inspector
Status
Not open for further replies.