40 unit feeder installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rp9ball

I am being asked to revise my bid for a two story 40 unit building. The issue is the utilities will not allow the meters installed inside the parking garage. All the other utilities in this area allow the meters installed inside with a variance request. It is a 1200A 208/120 3 phase service. The units will be fed single phase via the meter stack. (Each unit has its own meter) What would be the easiest way to install the SER feeders to the inside of the parking garage as the owner does not want anything installed on the exterior of the building. I was thinking of installing 6" PVC sleeves when they pour the foundation and then running 4" PVC conduit to a 8" x 8" x ?' trough on the inside. I was going to run three feeders thru the 4" PVC. From the trough we will be installing conduit sleeves up to the ceiling, where the general installs a soffit after the feeders are installed. Any suggestions or better ideas are greatly appreciated.

Than you in advance :)

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I am being asked to revise my bid for a two story 40 unit building. The issue is the utilities will not allow the meters installed inside the parking garage. All the other utilities in this area allow the meters installed inside with a variance request. It is a 1200A 208/120 3 phase service. The units will be fed single phase via the meter stack. (Each unit has its own meter) What would be the easiest way to install the SER feeders to the inside of the parking garage as the owner does not want anything installed on the exterior of the building. I was thinking of installing 6" PVC sleeves when they pour the foundation and then running 4" PVC conduit to a 8" x 8" x ?' trough on the inside. I was going to run three feeders thru the 4" PVC. From the trough we will be installing conduit sleeves up to the ceiling, where the general installs a soffit after the feeders are installed. Any suggestions or better ideas are greatly appreciated.

Than you in advance :)

Where can you install the meters if the POCO does not want them in the parking garage and the building owner does not want any thing outside?

rp9ball

Exterior

Exterior

I should have been more specific with regards to the exterior. The meters will be mounted on the exterior. The owner does not want all the feeder conduits installed on the exterior.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
So all the switchgear is outside? Meters and mains?

Have you looked at the cutsheets on it? Where are you allowed to run your feeders into it, the top, back, bottom, what?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Not sure I fully follow your proposed solution, but be aware that many POCO's don't allow seperately metered conductors in the same raceway. IMHO, I think for good reason.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
If the garage is getting drywalled, simply exit the back of the gear with SER. Otherwise, talk them into drywalling it, or finishing with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.