Standby Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Guns

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction, I installed a 17KW Generac Guardian Series generator along with a 16 circuit prewired ATS, After install and programing of genertor when putting generator in the automatic position it reads utility loss, I check all terminals in ATS and in generator I have all the correct voltage except on N1 I read around 60 volts Generac said to replace the N1 and N2 wires from ATS to generator and this will clear up utility loss I did just that and I still have the same reading, I had a tech come out and change out board in generator and still it reads utility loss, as we all know the generator will run all the time in the auto mode with this reading, what should I do next.

Thanks

ceb58

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction, I installed a 17KW Generac Guardian Series generator along with a 16 circuit prewired ATS, After install and programing of genertor when putting generator in the automatic position it reads utility loss, I check all terminals in ATS and in generator I have all the correct voltage except on N1 I read around 60 volts Generac said to replace the N1 and N2 wires from ATS to generator and this will clear up utility loss I did just that and I still have the same reading, I had a tech come out and change out board in generator and still it reads utility loss, as we all know the generator will run all the time in the auto mode with this reading, what should I do next.

Thanks

Where are you checking the voltage at? Go back over your utility feed wires from the main panel. The N1 N2 gets it power from there. It goes through the fuses to a contactor in the generator. You could have a loose feed wire in the ATS.

iand74

also if you used the generac wp splice box with the snap connections outside, check those connections

iand74

from what you are saying was no reason to replace the board. it should sense a utility loss if you have 60v on on either n1 or n2. id start in the xfer switch at the utility lugs and work through from there.

RESI

Standby Generator

Big Guns- Inside the 16 circuit panel, what voltage do you have at the bottom of the N1 and N2 fuses? Should be 240 VAC. If not, check at the top of the fuses, if 240 VAC, then one of the fuses is blown. If you have less than 240 VAC at top of fuse holders, then trace wiring back to where they get their voltage and hopefully you will find a problem. Good Luck

Big Guns

Where are you checking the voltage at? Go back over your utility feed wires from the main panel. The N1 N2 gets it power from there. It goes through the fuses to a contactor in the generator. You could have a loose feed wire in the ATS.

Yes I have correct voltage at terminal blocks coming in, I have low voltage at N1 which leads me to belive its before the fuse block which seems to be the relay.

Big Guns

also if you used the generac wp splice box with the snap connections outside, check those connections

I cut off the connector in junction box and tested wires for shorts and wire nut them back, I had no short but i replaced N1 and N2 wires from transfer switch through Jbox to generator terminal board. its lack of voltage prior to fuse block which i belive might be the relay, i was just wondering if anyone had this problem and had to replace relay.

sparkyvt

check to N1 N2 connection on the gen side term block. Ive had them come loose from the factory. It was causing a similar problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.