title 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Always the rating of the fixture. In the case of track lighting it is the per foot.

In the case of Commercial it is a max allotment. it is a calculation max based on useage and Sqft. Need to use the tables.

joelj

I'm hoping that they revise it. If you're doing a kitchen with 6 recessed lights and 3 50w pendants, you have to use 26W or higher cfls. I'm using LEDs in most projects but 6 LEDs at 14.5 or 15w ea. don't give enough offset for even 2 pendants. You can get to 2 with undercabinet lights but it seems counterproductive to the intent of the "energy saving" initiative to require more energy use to offset the pendant lights.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I'm hoping that they revise it. If you're doing a kitchen with 6 recessed lights and 3 50w pendants, you have to use 26W or higher cfls. I'm using LEDs in most projects but 6 LEDs at 14.5 or 15w ea. don't give enough offset for even 2 pendants. You can get to 2 with undercabinet lights but it seems counterproductive to the intent of the "energy saving" initiative to require more energy use to offset the pendant lights.

You're missing the whole point, they don't want you installing pendant lights. They allow it simply because it would be to hard to say that you can't do it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.